Monday, June 27, 2011

Best Haircut

Most people have no clue how long my hair is, since I have it up the majority of the time. I was asked what haircut I would recommend, so here is a post dedicated to haircuts.

If you are looking for a very authentic 40's through early 60's hairstyle, you are going to want was is called the "middy" haircut. Very precise layers, this haircut is one that you HAVE to style daily, or else you end up with a strange looking mullet. There are many pictures online as to what it looks like. I have personally had this haircut, and while it makes styling easy, I sometimes need to have an off day, and not do my hair, therefore looking silly.

It also can be difficult finding a stylist who will readily do it. Working in a hair salon, I have only seen a few people ask for it, and then end up toning it down a few days later because it can be difficult to work with. This is a hardcore haircut that takes time to work with.

The best idea I have for a haircut, would be a heavily layered cut. I currently have a cut that is very layered, transitional, and perfect for everything that I do. My bottom layers sit about 3.5 inches below my collar bone. I would suggest anything between shoulder length and a little longer for any of the styles I have featured here. Layers are key to less work. With standard one length hair, you are going to have to wrap more for the piled high updos. While not impossible, I personally prefer to have my hair with a workable length, and layers for creating body and volume.

Again, I am not a hairstylist, so please consult with yours for what works best for you hair, and they can send you in the right direction!

If you have any questions about hair, products, or anything else, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment