Saturday, June 25, 2011

Experiment with Hot Sticks

We have had them sitting at the salon for months now. No one has used them yet, so I figured I would take them home with me and experiment. I watched a youtube video about it, and figured, why not? It looked like it was easy enough, and created a great 40's look. So here we go!



Products Used:
Phytofix Setting Gel
Brocato Moveable Hold Hairspray
Moroccan Oil Treatment
Heat Protecting Spray
Conair Hot Sticks/Candi Sticks Jelly Rollers
Bristle Brush

Allow your Hot Sticks to warm up for 10-15 minutes before starting.

Section your hair out. For this 40's inspired look, I parted my hair on the side and divided that into 2 sections on front sides. For the back I set the curlers lower on my head, keeping the hair flat against the top of my head. You want the top part of your hair be flat, like a hat. So roll the rollers to the nape of your neck. It is not a very sexy look, but will be well worth it in the end!

Each section was prepped with the PhytoFix and a Heat Protecting spray, to protect the hair.


Once you have them in place, let the set for 10-30 minutes, depending on your hair. Once they have set for a while, take them out and brush! I added a tiny bit of the Moroccan Oil Treatment to settle the frizz.





There you have it! A wonderful, 40's inspired hair style.



Or your big floppy hat... and make sure the wind inside your house doesn't blow it off. :)

The Hot Sticks worked really well. Make sure you get the ends of your hair around it evenly, because you will end up with a strange, uncurled end to it. I had to go back with the curling iron to fix them. I think after you use them a few times, you will get the general idea.

I like that they click onto themselves, and different than traditional hot rollers, you don't end up with a strange clip line, AND since they have a jelly grippy (is that really a word?) they grip to your hair so much better, making it easier to roll them!

Just be careful, they do get pretty warm.

These will run you about $20-$30 depending on what set you get. Pretty affordable!

Happy Styling!!

P.S. Yes, I have noticed that I only look good while looking to the right of pictures... How is that possible that every single picture, out of hundreds that I take, I only choose the ones looking away from the camera?? Best angle, I guess. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment