Friday, June 24, 2011

Setting Your Hair Tutorial

The beginning of any of my curly updos (or sexy loose curls such as the picture below) start with setting my hair in curls. Once you have figured out how to do this quickly, you can have it done in no time at all!


Things you will need:

- comb (I use a metal ended rat tail comb, but any comb is fine, I just try to use one with a tail so you can cleanly section your hair)
- curling iron (I use a one inch iron, which I prefer for tighter curls)
- bobby pins or curl clips
- hairspray (I use Brocato Moveable Hold Hairspray... LOVE THIS WHOLE LINE!!)

:::OPTIONAL:::
I also used Osis Dust it powder, which sometimes I use, sometimes I don't, but I do looooooooooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeee this product. :)

Start out by sectioning your hair.

I run mine in a pattern like this:
This is a rough rough rough view of the top of my head. I section my bangs off in a U shape, and the rest is sectioned like this, then divide the ones around the perimeter of your head in half. Clip these areas out of the way to start off with. I do not do that anymore, but it will be easier for you to work with. You can twist each section into a rope and secure with a bobby pin to keep it out of the way. Here is a side view of some sectioning... I then divide the top section I am holding in half, and the front side section in half, making a top and bottom.


Once you have your sectioning complete, time to bust out your preheated curling iron!! Start curling each section, spraying with a little bit of spray (make sure you are spraying from an 8-10 inch distance evenly!). Once you have curled each section, used your fingers to roll the section back into curling iron position and secure with curl clips or bobby pins. Do this with the rest of your head until you look like a crazy person.



Spray your finished product. You want your hair to have time to set and dry before taking it down, so find something else to do...like your makeup... or take pictures of how cute your dogs are...




Aren't they just the cutest?!

Back on track: After your hair has had time to set, remove all the bobby pins and spray again. You don't want your curls to be crunchy, so again, keep it the 8-10 inches away!! I powder my roots with the Osis Dust It, then back comb each section a little bit and smooth them out. Now you can leave them down like the top picture, or use it as the base for something along these lines!! Just don't try making this face... it is a combination of a yawn, a wink, and maybe a seizure... not a good look. I guess some people are born winkers, and others are not. I am not a winker.


Happy styling!!





No comments:

Post a Comment