Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Wow!

I have been soo busy since March! To fill you in, I did some traveling, I've been working on hair, I have been busy at the salon, got a new dog, PHEW! It's been crazy! I have finally found some time to just breath and get back to the blog.

I have some new hair styles to share with everyone, and I am really excited with what I have been learning on my head.

I don't have bangs anymore! Well, I do, they are just realllly long at this point. I finally decided to grow them out. Plus, I live in Savannah and having bangs is like a sweat trap on your forehead. I swear, it is sooo hard to look cute in this town.

Today's post is about creating the great waves of the thirties and forties. What I have been doing is almost finger waves (well, I guess it is). It is probably the easiest thing I have ever done! I put the pins in before I go to bed, sleep like a baby, and wake up with amazing hair! It took me about 10 minutes to set the hair last night, and 10 minutes to actually style it this morning. Bam! a total of 20 minutes, and I have perfect, compliment worthy hair, and trust me, there have been lots of them and it's only 11 am!!



This is how my hair looked yesterday, soft waves.



Today's hair is a short bob looking style. I cheated and MADE it look like I chopped my hair off, but that would never happen in a billion years. ;) By pinning the back in a roll low on my neck, it gives it a rounded and full look as though my hair is cut off.



An outside view of it.

I will be adding the technique tonight for how to achieve the look while sleeping. Gather a setting gel, and bobby pins, and you will be ready to go!

Happy Hair Styling!!
Leah

No comments:

Post a Comment