Friday, June 24, 2011

Updo's and Flowers! Happy Summer!




Yesterday I had one of those amazing, rare opportunities to actually take some time styling my hair. Normally, I need my hair done in 15 minutes, so it is nice the times I have to spend some time on it.

Great product knowledge: Brocato's Big Easy Dry Shampoo. Works wonders! I need a lot of build up in my hair for a lot of my hairstyles, and this removes just enough in between shampoos for me to have wonderful hair, AND prolong my color, save from washing. As a redhead, I know red fades a lot, and washing it speeds up the fading process. Find your local retailer and buy some up! It comes in a travel size as well, perfect for you gym bag or purse!



I curled my hair in sections, and pinned it while I was doing my makeup to let it set. I only did the front, top, and sides. I left the back out since it was hidden. After it had had time to set, I let down the curls, and back combed each section. The two sides (Luckily I have blond and black for easy differentiation!) were twisted up and pushed forward (with a crazy curl end on top of my head) before being pinned. The back was made into a french twist, completing the mess of curls. I pin curled my bangs, and added some lovely flowers! I randomly placed curls throughout, pinning and spraying in place. It took about 50 minutes from start to finish, but a great time to do makeup in between while the curls are setting.

I wasn't the only one to have time spent on my hair yesterday, my Maltese, Wicket, got her summer do done. She looks adorable!



She was all worn out from the excitement of the doggie salon, but got a great report card! They didn't want to let her come home with me she was so well behaved! Such a sweetheart! They even put pretty bows in her hair. When they told me to remove them in a week, I already knew they wouldn't last with the Dachshund and the Chihuahua playing as hard as they do. Which is why she does not and never will have either of the Maltese standard haircuts, too dirty and too much upkeep for it to be ruined in 15 minutes of rough housing outside. Plus, we live in Savannah, not the best weather for lots of fur.

I have been going through my phone and finding a TON of great pictures of my hair, and will be uploading a collection, probably today and tomorrow.

Happy styling!!

2 comments:

  1. you are one beautiful lady, me' lady

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear! I can't wait to see your pretty face in August!

    ReplyDelete